Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How not to get immediate response from me to an emergency

Long time regular customer called with an emergency, "We have had XXXX electric here for two days and they can't figure this problem out can you get someone here ASAP."

Me -"Why'd you call them"

Customer "Oh I thought I'd give them a shot"

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
My favorite emergency was from a restaurant. They called at 9 PM and said it was an emergency and to come out RIGHT NOW!

When I pulled up 15 minutes later, there were 5 other EC's trucks in the parking lot. Damn, must be one HELLUVA mess. On the way in, I passed a guy I knew coming out, and asked what the eff was going on. He just said, "You don't want to know" and got in his truck.

So I go in, and someone else was just finishing up the call (shorted ballast tripping the lights out). Turns out they wanted the lights back on so bad they just started calling everyone, and whoever showed up first 'got the job'. So I tell the manager (same one who called me) I need a credit card number.

He asked, "What for?" I said, "For the service call." He said, "But, you didn't do anything, why should I pay you?"

I said, "You called me, and I responded. Now pay me."

He refused.

So............. I sat down at a table, and ordered the most expensive item on the menu. When it arrived, I told the waitress I was leaving and not going to pay for the meal. Of course, she called the (very same!) manager out. "You're refusing to pay for a meal you ordered?"

I said, "Nope, because I didn't eat any of it." With that, I headed for the door.

By the time I started my truck up, I had been paid.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,193 Posts
And did you politely wipe your mouth with your napkin? Or did you just drool.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
How not to get immediate response from me to an emergency

Long time regular customer called with an emergency, "We have had XXXX electric here for two days and they can't figure this problem out can you get someone here ASAP."

Me -"Why'd you call them"

Customer "Oh I thought I'd give them a shot"
This sounds like bad customer service. What do you have to gain buy not giving this client rapid service?

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
My favorite emergency was from a restaurant. They called at 9 PM and said it was an emergency and to come out RIGHT NOW!

When I pulled up 15 minutes later, there were 5 other EC's trucks in the parking lot. Damn, must be one HELLUVA mess. On the way in, I passed a guy I knew coming out, and asked what the eff was going on. He just said, "You don't want to know" and got in his truck.

So I go in, and someone else was just finishing up the call (shorted ballast tripping the lights out). Turns out they wanted the lights back on so bad they just started calling everyone, and whoever showed up first 'got the job'. So I tell the manager (same one who called me) I need a credit card number.

He asked, "What for?" I said, "For the service call." He said, "But, you didn't do anything, why should I pay you?"

I said, "You called me, and I responded. Now pay me."

He refused.

So............. I sat down at a table, and ordered the most expensive item on the menu. When it arrived, I told the waitress I was leaving and not going to pay for the meal. Of course, she called the (very same!) manager out. "You're refusing to pay for a meal you ordered?"

I said, "Nope, because I didn't eat any of it." With that, I headed for the door.

By the time I started my truck up, I had been paid.

Was it the Machine Shed?:whistling2::laughing:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.