Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
I have a black cat.
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering cause i see a lot of folks just pump it in the hole and leave it there without putting a little spit on your finger and wiping it clean. I think that's kinda disrespectful. I mean, I wouldn't want someone doing that at my house.

Anyone ever use a cordless power caulk gun tool? I know Dewalt makes one.

·
I have a black cat.
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always do that too.

It's how I was taught.

·
13,020 Posts
I always do that too.

It's how I was taught.
I've also never been satisfied with any tools for working with caulk other than my finger. It's just designed to make perfect caulk beads.

·
13,020 Posts
Maybe I should say it's just evolved to make perfect caulk beads :whistling2::jester:

·
I have a black cat.
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've also never been satisfied with any tools for working with caulk other than my finger. It's just designed to make perfect caulk beads.
I know, i thought about it. I guess if i was working the caulk all day long I'd find use for a cordless tool but as it is the old school manual way works pretty good for me.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nothing battery operated ever works better than the old fashioned manual one. I can control how thick the caulk gets better. And before use your finger throw a glove on it gets a bit messy.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,789 Posts
I never spit on the finger to bead the caulking. Why leave my DNA at a crime scene 10 years from now. LoL

I dip the finger in plain water, and then smooth it out. I've tried the battery caulk gun and made a bigger mess.

·
Registered
931 Posts
silicone caulk is best manipulated if you dip your finger in mineral spirits. :whistling2:

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
I usually bead it with my finger but if all the planets align and it goes on right I try my hardest not to touch it.

It rarely happens but when it does I feel like the caulk master.

Nothing is better that the feeling of mastering your caulk.

Caulk master, hahaha.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 146 Posts