Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You buy brand new work boots, clothes etc. and you accidentally spill pvc cement on them! Just happened to me is there any solvent that will remove it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a couple pairs of boots in rotation and always carry my beater boots in the truck. If I gotta do pvc or do some crawling I wear the old ones.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,785 Posts
In modern advanced societies like planet macmikeman and Hawaii they sell rubber flip flops and that is what all the high quality journeyman electricians wear on the job. It is ok to spill pvc cement on them cause you can wipe the stuff off your foot and go buy another pair of flops for $5 from the 7-11 or ABC store....

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
macmikeman said:
In modern advanced societies like planet macmikeman and Hawaii they sell rubber flip flops and that is what all the high quality journeyman electricians wear on the job. It is ok to spill pvc cement on them cause you can wipe the stuff off your foot and go buy another pair of flops for $5 from the 7-11 or ABC store....
I know a concrete guy that used to buy those plastic sandals and hit the bottom of them with a belt sander to smooth them out. Said it worked tit for finish troweling and whatnot since he didn't have to smooth out the waffle pattern.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If the concrete is still fresh, you could try vinegar. We used to put that in conduits when some dumb joker put crete in our conduits.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Then spread some on the knees of every new pair of pants knees. No holes will form. Tell everyone. Start a new trend.:thumbup:

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Carlon's Law:

The probability of spilling PVC glue on your clothing is inversely proportional to the age of the clothing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts