Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is doing really good. He owns tons of commercial real estate a condo complex in Palm Springs lots of equipment from backhoes and dump trucks to 12 f550's. He is also on an executive board at a local bank. The rumor is he started the company with the winnings from a pro bowling tourney he won from his garage in the early 70's. He runs a good company I'am lucky to work for him. I'am guessing he's worth 10 million or so.

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Well mine has never made money since they started we've been in business for 56 years but we never made a dime yet. Funny were one of the top fifty EC,s in the USA as far as yearly gross profits go. That's what we are told on every job . I guess we just get by the skin of our teeth to stay afloat .Iam lucky to be working .And when the economy picks up we may get or % taken away back . But they do keep us busy. Plus after 30 plus years with them I love my job and they really don't have to pay me ill just work for free I don't need a pay check or a rise. And the new supervisors running the show today who only been there two years tell us how they want it done that's funny .:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Well mine has never made money since they started we've been in business for 56 years but we never made a dime yet. Funny were one of the top fifty EC,s in the USA as far as yearly gross profits go. That's what we are told on every job . I guess we just get by the skin of our teeth to stay afloat .Iam lucky to be working .And when the economy picks up we may get or % taken away back . But they do keep us busy. Plus after 30 plus years with them I love my job and they really don't have to pay me ill just work for free I don't need a pay check or a rise. And the new supervisors running the show today who only been there two years tell us how they want it done that's funny .:laughing::laughing:
Sounds like you're way overdue to moving on.

·
Jesus Scott
9,382 Posts
Why is that funny?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I didn't realize you worked at the same shop...

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
piperunner said:
. They all cry poor and never make any money , oddly enough , manage to stay in business , lol ? They're making money , just maybe not the amount of profit they wanted to pocket , lol ! I had a project manager tell me , my old boss was concerned about the man hours for a project I took over ( that was already in the hole ) . I said I'm concerned too , because I see no way of getting this done without burning through them , if like to talk to him . Oh , well , he's at his Ireland house for 2 weeks , I'll set something up for you when he gets back , lol ? Yeah , he's hurting alright ?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I would say our owners are doing well.. Since 1993 they have grown and just recently formed a new company, buying up the existing one, a steel company, a building manufacturing company and another I&E company.. I think we are up to around 4,500 employees with shops from the Northwest Territories to the Gulf of Mexico..

Met them all in the past and they are all great guys to talk and work with.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Ty Wrapp said:
The CEO of my old company makes $25million a year. He is an accountant and has no clue to what my job entails.
my old boss apparently wasn't a very good electrician , but a good businessman . I'm not exactly sure what he's worth , but he's a millionaire many times over .

·
Proud Navy Veteran
1,429 Posts
My boss is a complete moron. He's constantly on vacation, spends money like it doesn't belong to him, pays me then turns around and takes it away from me in April, doesn't listen to stake holders, the board members are a bunch of crooks, says we are over paid and won't give us a raise, has managed to piss off all of our friends and neighbors. The only reason I stay is because the bennies are good and my co-workers are really good people.

Reactions: jefferyb_2
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.