Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a WEG motor, which is double wired, it has 12 wires which is connected in a star-delta wiring. how to cut its power by half?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm working on a WEG motor, which is double wired, it has 12 wires which is connected in a star-delta wiring. how to cut its power by half?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The power used by a motor is directly related to the amount of work that the motor is doing. The only way to reduce the amount of power used is to reduce the amount of work that the motor is doing. About the only electrical way to do that is to use a VFD and reduce the speed of the motor.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
I might be wrong but isn't that motor only designed for a Star/Delta soft start?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This motor is used in a fire-fighting station, the NSF standards commands that i can't use a vfd for this motor, any alternative methods?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
This motor is used in a fire-fighting station, the NSF standards commands that i can't use a vfd for this motor, any alternative methods?
Are you trying to reduce the starting current or the running current?

You can't cut the running current and still provide the required amount water to fight fires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts