Electrician Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lincoln power mig 180c welder that the control transformer fried on. I can't figure out the voltage. It should be 240 v primary. The transformer is a pulse pb2226. When I look on line I see it's discontinued and no alternate part number. Any idea of what the secondary voltage is?

-I would post a picture but there's no nameplate on the control transformer. It just says "pb2226"

-It's just the control transformer. No bigger than a door bell transformer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there isn't a different way to figure this out? I'm searching through my transformer books... I could have sworn there was a troubleshooting procedure for this type of situation. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also- when I look online there is no alternate or matching number for the control transformer- it looks to be a discontinued part number.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That transformer is integrated to the unit correct?

I wouldn't expect to easily locate / purchase it other than the manufacturer.
You may also have a bigger issue: Why did it fail? Age? Damaged leads?
Just my opinion

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,147 Posts
also- when I look online there is no alternate or matching number for the control transformer- it looks to be a discontinued part number.
Call them, Lincoln is a great company with a good bunch of people working there. You may even find they just send you the part.

1-216-481-8100

Reactions: ramco

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes sir, its an integrated part. the transformer is fried/charcoaled so I'm 93%sure its just an old worn out control transformer but i'd like to know the secondary voltage to order a new one
-instead of buying a completely new welding machine.
- ok i'll call Lincoln and see if they have this transformer on their file/data record, thanks guys!

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,147 Posts
yes sir, its an integrated part. the transformer is fried/charcoaled so I'm 93%sure its just an old worn out control transformer but i'd like to know the secondary voltage to order a new one
-instead of buying a completely new welding machine.
- ok i'll call Lincoln and see if they have this transformer on their file/data record, thanks guys!
You should have good luck with them on the phone.

Last time I dealt with them the guy(?) went above and beyond to help me out.

Reactions: ramco
1 - 9 of 9 Posts