Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Church just expand the building, and needed to add some bells to let the classes know when to let out. I "volunteered" my services and installed the bells. While in the attic I noticed gross violations (box fill, covers missing, broken connectors, panels not labeled properly, no fire caulk)

The Church already paid in full to the architect, I assume the electrical contractor as well.

Where can we start on going back on the original installer because it is not up to code. Even though it passed inspection.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The Church just expand the building, and needed to add some bells to let the classes know when to let out. I "volunteered" my services and installed the bells. While in the attic I noticed gross violations (box fill, covers missing, broken connectors, panels not labeled properly, no fire caulk)

The Church already paid in full to the architect, I assume the electrical contractor as well.

Where can we start on going back on the original installer because it is not up to code. Even though it passed inspection.
Ask Jesus

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
That's the thing I have to be diplomatic about it because I am in the trade. Even though I do not do a lot of work on that side of town, I do not what to tick him off for later. I need some suggestion as to how...
You are on a slippery slope... instead of confronting the inspector as if he/she didn't do their job perhaps you should invite them to witness the violations that exist.

It will, most likely, end up costing the church money for the repairs but at the least they will be made.

As far as going after the electrician or the inspector it may be hard to prove that the code infractions weren't caused after the final inspection.

Pete

Reactions: Awg-Dawg

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

if theyre using church members to install bells no doubt they are doing other things in the building as well. theres no way to prove anything sounds like theyre SOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.