Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to join Local 3 or any electrician union in New York. I already work as electrician for almost 8 years, so I really don't want to start with an apprentice...can anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you so much!

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
Hi, I want to join Local 3 or any electrician union in New York. I already work as electrician for almost 8 years, so I really don't want to start with an apprentice...can anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you so much!
ask a family member who is a longtime member of 3 to get you in. cash helps. don't forget to kiss that ring.

your result may vary.

·
Super Moderator
Retired
17,963 Posts
Do you have a license? Without one your chances are slim to none. Local 3 is a very popular local as far as I can see from this forum.
I bet you will need to know someone and even then it may not be enough.
Try though. At least then you will know for yourself......Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,147 Posts
Even if you have a close family member there I still don't see it happening right now.

If you had some super needed skill by a signatory contractor that couldn't find a guy he liked that was already a member and hired you and got you in that way is still a very long shot.

Best of luck!

Take some specialty classes and then go contractor shopping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.