Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I bought this 3 light smart switch and having some trouble installing it.

I unscrewed one of the existing 3 light switches and it has a total of 7 cables, 2 per light + neutral (see below)

Also to note, 2 black cables are tied together by the blue tape and attached to the 3 red wires you see on the right.

The smart switch only has 5 cable attachment points:

How do I wire this switch given there are less cable inputs than the existing setup?

Many thanks everyone!

·
Estwing magic
25,097 Posts
Sorry, this site is for electricians to talk to other electricians.

Flagged.

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
4,627 Posts
You should hire an electrician.
No point in hiring an electrician.
An electrician won't install it as there are no approvals on that POS from China.
Fire waiting to happen

Reactions: Dark Knight

·
Super Moderator
Retired
16,823 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.