Electrician Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone Im new here. I am a first year apprentice. I graduated from vocational school. I currently work in an industrial corn processing plant. I am here to learn as much as I can from experienced electricians. Thanks for the awesome site!

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
Do they process corn all winter, or shut down at some point ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They run all year around 24/7.

No it doesnt Grimlock. They pay good and you never actually see a kernel of corn believe it or not. At least I have never seen one.

·
Expatriate in Training
1,265 Posts
Sometimes I see a Buick. I must really have problems. :blink:

Wire nut, at least you're breaking into industrial right off the bat. That seems to be the way to go more and more these days.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
They run all year around 24/7.

No it doesnt Grimlock. They pay good and you never actually see a kernel of corn believe it or not. At least I have never seen one.
Just poking fun Wire Nut, we do that a lot around here. Welcome to the site. I agree with rdr that you have a good opportunity starting where you have, good luck and let us know how it goes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats cool man. I noticed everyone here makes allot of jokes whenever possible. Im glad im learning industrial work. It a hot nasty place to work at but its worth it. We don't even work all that hard. We might replace two light fixtures in a day and spend the rest of our time in the air conditioned motor control centers. Its like our own hide out because only electricians are permitted to enter them. The place is so enormous that it takes all day to change out two lights anyways. We spend half the day walking around searching for the only ladder on this floor that is tall enough to reach the light.

·
Senior Moment
7,771 Posts
I spent a few years in a Cargill high fructose corn sweetener plant. Very interesting work, I saw a lot of corn. The bad thing about working a “food grade” pant is hair nets and beard nets. back then I shaved my head and still had to put on a hair net under my hard hat.

·
Chairman of the Bored
9,779 Posts
I spent a few years in a Cargill high fructose corn sweetener plant. Very interesting work, I saw a lot of corn. The bad thing about working a “food grade” pant is hair nets and beard nets. back then I shaved my head and still had to put on a hair net under my hard hat.
yep! Hate the hair nets! Last EC I worked for we did some industrial work inside a Brill plant, a place that makes all kinds of cake and pie frostings and such. Beard nets and hair nets required, and no jewelry...hot as blazes and humid too. Ugh, don't miss that.

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts