Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what is causing the hum in my subwoofer and guitar amp in my basement and I think it might be something going on with the wiring. I don't know much about ground loops but I have one subwoofer that has hum when I plug in the signal cable to it and my guitar amp has significant hum when I use the effects loop on it. The reason I think it might not be these two devices is because other people have them that I've talked to that don't have the same humming problems, especially the guitar amp.

Do you have any tips on what I should look for to fix this issue? I wired the basement up 4 years ago with outlets and not sure what I could have done wrong with it to cause this humming noise in some audio equipment. The weird thing is that it doesn't happen in every speaker I have (thank god), just the subwoofer and guitar amp probably because they have amplifiers themselves.

·
Super Moderator
Retired
17,935 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.