Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just bought a Hydraulic KO set for a great price, only problem with it is an apprentice blew an O-Ring in the Ram head and now it leaks. My question is does anybody know how to fix it? I cant figure out how to open it up.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure the company maybe jielite. Model is SYK8-02. some chinese company. I just bought it for myself we have greenlee sets also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not sure if this will help ya. I have taken apart porta-power rams to do the o-rings. Take the hose off the ram and take the fitting out. The ones i did had a screw in the hole i had to take it out to get the ram out. Real b**ch to get back in though. Could also have removable ends. The ones i did had both.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if this will help ya. I have taken apart porta-power rams to do the o-rings. Take the hose off the ram and take the fitting out. The ones i did had a screw in the hole i had to take it out to get the ram out. Real b**ch to get back in though. Could also have removable ends. The ones i did had both.
thanks man, ive been holding off on taking the hose off. But i guess thats the next step to figuring it out.

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
"I bought a cheap no name piece of junk and it broke, now I'm looking for resources and replacement parts comparable to the name brand models so that I can fix it."

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
how long did it work for your..? I have been tossing around getting a cheapie but I would hate it if it broke on me when I needed it...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how long did it work for your..? I have been tossing around getting a cheapie but I would hate it if it broke on me when I needed it...
not sure how long this thing has been used for i would guess a few years, just bought it off a friend for 30 bucks on friday. I would say go for it though man all the thing does is make holes in steel. Just dont keep pumping after your through the material.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the links fellas, I just drove down to the local rental guys and they had one! She works like a charm now. it was the smaller o ring that was the problem. Had some chunks out of it. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts