Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m just looking for some guidance and help I work for rai in GA and In wanting to go in to the field for electrical they said I would have to do my apprenticeship but I’m just nervous about going out to state for jobs due to I’m so used to working my normal 40 a week and coming home and to my home life they said I wouldn’t be forced to go I could stick to jobs that are a hour or 2 away I’m just lost on what I’ll achieve cause I’m wanting to start a self employed business with my dad pretty much to sum it up what will I get with working out in the field as I’m what I’ll be classified step by step as I grow or is it better to go to trade school and what I’ll earn out of that step by step thanks guys I know it’s a lot but I’m stressing like hell and this seems like a good community to ask , thanks!

· Registered
Industrial Maintenance Electrician
93 Posts
Yeah, might want to download Grammarly.

That said, working in the field and getting hands on experience is the best thing you can do if you're just starting off.
The theory and code learning that comes with school will be much more relevant when you've already worked on certain projects.

· Registered
I am 100 % retired now. Enjoying life :)
2,223 Posts
Don't stress out. That never helps matters.
I think if either you or your Dad are good in business then it would be best to start thinking about that. If not then option 2 seems like a good choice.
If you go out of state and go through an apprenticeship it would be beneficial to you personally.
How well does your 40 hr. job provide ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.