Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
industrial E,I&C
3,219 Posts
Looks a little shallow, Can not see any rebar and it doesn't look vibrated.

Hope no one comes along later and decides to dig under it and thinks the bank can be left as a bridge. (been there done that).

·
Registered
Performing mostly commercial and underground raceway installations
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
24” below finished grade

no rebar and no vibe. That’s how we used to do it

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
1,334 Posts
I remember many years ago I was working at an airport doing concrete encased duct banks. I carved my initials and date on it and when the resident engineer saw it he had a fit. I had to take a grinder to it. Hope you had good weather.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My god, were you at all nervous as the pour was getting close to the unfinished uncapped ends of your conduit? I don’t even like the feeling I get just looking at the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My god, were you at all nervous as the pour was getting close to the unfinished uncapped ends of your conduit? I don’t even like the feeling I get just looking at the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really. It was a pretty thick mix and easy to control. We are told to leave it 3ft back.

on another note , wouldn’t be the first time I have to bust up concrete. However , boss would not be happy on company time.

He would probably try to make us do it on our own time for being stupid😂

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks a little shallow, Can not see any rebar and it doesn't look vibrated.

Hope no one comes along later and decides to dig under it and thinks the bank can be left as a bridge. (been there done that).
If you look closely , the vault caps are framed 12” higher, plus “4 for manhole cover , plus the difference you see from concrete to sub base.

so, we good 😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts