Electrician Talk banner

I enjoy this website but it is annoyingly slow

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  MDShunk 
#1 ·
Too many cookies and the pages load very slowly

#3 ·
I know what you mean, I noticed slower load times also. I use IE8 my wife uses AOL, She is always ready to blame my Itunes for any issues and I always blame her AOL. I just updated her AOL yesterday to the newest version and I can’t believe how fast this site is on IE. My whole computer just got a lot faster.

That is a good tip about inprivate browsing Macmikeman. I will have to keep that in mind.

#5 · (Edited)
Do you clean your computer regularly .

Most folks have lots of stuff hanging around that they dont need i use C cleaner but thats not enough .

C -Cleaner is free .

But i clean out stuff myself its better some of the junk thats online is a waste like all these add on virus things .

They slow down your computer because they run when you start up .

I hit accessories in your programs go to run punch in prefetch click it and clean out all thats there .

Go to run punch in msconfig hit erase all.

Go to run punch in %temp% hit erase all.

This will make it run faster!

Get spybot its a great way to make it run faster also its free.

#8 ·
Do you have ATT internet? I had that, and they had dropped my download speed to 1.5 MB. I was paying for 6MB.
I didn't find out that it wasn't my Ubuntu, till 6 months later.
I now do everything I can to get away from ATT.

BTW, for those who use Ubuntu, I recently " upgraded" to 10.04 I think, and I HATE it. It did for Ubuntu what ME,and Vista did for MS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.