Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1 What must be installed wherever outlets are required according to the NEC? What article of NEC is talking about this requirement?

Question 2 According to the AEC standard, how many outlets can a GFCI protect?
Also what article in the Code talks about what receptacles are required to be gfci

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,527 Posts
I found all your answers in 5 minutes searching the web. We will not give you answers, but once you find them we will help you understand something that doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Yankee77

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found all your answers in 5 minutes searching the web. We will not give you answers, but once you find them we will help you understand something that doesn't make sense.
I'm not an idiot I was looking it it up and couldn't find what I wanted it always came up with something that was different also I have been trying to figure this out most of the day and need some help

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,543 Posts
Question 1 What must be installed wherever outlets are required according to the NEC? What article of NEC is talking about this requirement?

Question 2 According to the AEC standard, how many outlets can a GFCI protect?
Also what article in the Code talks about what receptacles are required to be gfci

I assume they mean if you have an outlet, this can be a jb, what must be done to that jb for safety? 314.25

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,543 Posts
I don't know what the aec I assume you mean NEC

The nec has no limit however one can argue that a 20 amp circuit in a commercial area is limited to 13 receptacles.

IMO, very bad question but IMO the answer is - No limit

Section 210.8 has most of the gfci requirements

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,527 Posts
I don't know what the aec I assume you mean NEC

The nec has no limit however one can argue that a 20 amp circuit in a commercial area is limited to 13 receptacles.

IMO, very bad question but IMO the answer is - No limit

Section 210.8 has most of the gfci requirements
AEC is listed on the web when I searched, I thought the same thing.
I sort of feel bad for him the questions are bad with not all of the information, only sort of.
He could of said something like " I am finding conflicting things on Residential vs Commercial. NOT
I'm not an idiot I was looking it it up and couldn't find what I wanted it always came up with something that was different also I have been trying to figure this out most of the day and need some help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sort of feel bad for him the questions are bad with not all of the information, only sort of.
He could of said something like " I am finding conflicting things on Residential vs Commercial. NOT
I'm sorry I've been really stressed with exam and frustrated with the results I didn't mean to take it out on you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did you end up finding?

·
Hackenschmidt
11,872 Posts
Are you interested in welding?

·
Registered
403 Posts
AEC=Automotive Electronics Council

I will agree that the questions are pretty vague, but since the AEC is mentioned I would "assume" the subject relates to electric vehicle chargers and the GFCI receptacle requirements.

I also found AEC to stand for several other electrical type entities, make them spell it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts