·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
31,053 Posts
When was the last time a brand new ladder collapsed under your weight?

there is a falling space thing heading your way today. Duck.

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,936 Posts
I have that Werner and I'm about your size. Good ladder for around the house but I don't think it would hold up to commercial abuse.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
31,053 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never but doesn't mean it can't happen. If it's rated for 225 pounds and I weigh 220 that leaves 5 pounds. So basically all i can carry is some hand tools on it. If I install a ceiling fan I'm exceeding it's rating.

p.s. I'm not cutting out the cheeseburgers to save a few bucks on a ladder lol

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
I weigh... less than you for sure. I wouldn't even drag a good ladder behind my truck on a chain. If it's not 1A (350+ pounds) it's not for this guy.

I think my 4 ft. Louisville has now cost me $2 per year (30 years old, - bought in '79).
http://www.amazon.ca/Louisville-Ladder-FS1404HD-Fiberglass-375-Pound/dp/B000KL4XHU/ref=sr_1_7/191-0259100-3753535?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1384112548&sr=1-7&keywords=louisville+ladder

Buy perfect, don't loose it. It then has no cost. I can and do still dance on top of my 4 ft. -- Little Irish in me. :no:

As to chubby electricians... well we know what the free world thinks of chubby electricians don't we. They can use a scaffold.

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
I wouldnt go for that one unless I was under 180lbs. I hate the feeling of a squirmy ladder. I want to put the legs down solid and even when I open it and not need to move em around. A stout ladder is good for safety and production. :thumbsup:

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
I do a lot of resi work and special ordered a 7' Louisville heavy duty.

Nice and solid for getting into attics etc. but easier than an 8' to move around.
Good thinking. :thumbup: Too bad I'm too old to act on it.

Been dragging that stupid 8 foot around for years and years.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts