Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting to take the IBEW Aptitude test and am wondering if anyone has any study suggestions for me. I found an old sutdy guide and have been through all of the practice questions and on the NJATC web site many times. Can anyone tell me how much help, if any, any of these study guides are? What should I be sure to brush up on, especially for the Algebra part.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated since I am a little bit panicky about taking tests anyway.
Thanks guys!!!!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I am waiting to take the IBEW Aptitude test and am wondering if anyone has any study suggestions for me. I found an old sutdy guide and have been through all of the practice questions and on the NJATC web site many times. Can anyone tell me how much help, if any, any of these study guides are? What should I be sure to brush up on, especially for the Algebra part.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated since I am a little bit panicky about taking tests anyway.
Thanks guys!!!!
Welcome to the forum....:thumbsup:

Read this... http://www.hamuniverse.com/ohmslaw.html

:)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks guys!!!!
honestly speaking I know nothing about IBEW aptitude test but there are many here who are familiar and can help
mine is to welcome you in this forum. feel free to post and participate in the threads
welcome

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just took my aptitude test and it was ALL basically mid level algebra there was no basic math to it so study up on your algebra

and than of course there was the word problem tests that seem like they are written by high school kids trying to fill it with to much useless information and you have to data mine it to answer the questions

·
Mile High
94 Posts
Ohms law is not on the aptitude test, don't bother studying anything to do with it. Basic algebra and reading comprehension is all it is. If you passed high school math its a breeze

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
The idea behind an aptitude test is to figure out where your head is from an intellectual standpoint. I'm not about to direct you to a source for crib notes and cheats so that an applicant can circumvent the purpose of the test, which is to weed out the walking dead and idiots who shouldn't be in the electrical industry in the first place.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am taking the exam this Wednesday. I have been brushing up on Algebra for the past couple of months. From the example problems I have seen it looks like most of the questions are going to be equation type. i.e. x - 3 = 10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts