Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aptitude test hello everyone I just took the aptitude test for my local lineman Union I did great in math but boomed the reading section this is my second taking it . Any pointers or online practicing I could take to help make sure I pass it next time ?

·
Registered
442A -Industrial Electrician's ticket since '93
311 Posts
An aptitute test is just that: a means of measuring your suitability for the trade. The subject material is developed based on what fundamental skills are needed to become a skilled, knowledgeable tradesperson. If you do not score well on the test, perhaps it means your future lies in another direction...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An aptitute test is just that: a means of measuring your suitability for the trade. The subject material is developed based on what fundamental skills are needed to become a skilled, knowledgeable tradesperson. If you do not score well on the test, perhaps it means your future lies in another direction...
I have a as degrees in electrical engineering I am just not a great test taker lol

·
Registered
442A -Industrial Electrician's ticket since '93
311 Posts
You obviously have the smarts. In fact you might have to throttle back a bit. Remember the basic difference between an electrical engineer and an electrician - an electrician knows a little bit about everything while an an engineer knows everything about s.f.a. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I definitely wouldn’t say the smarts haha but I’m gonna keep trying until I get in I just started at an older age

1 - 8 of 8 Posts