Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
I am in total agreement.

So that's your answer? Just fall in? Sheeple attitude there "evil one".

For now. The point I am trying to make is these rules are going to change.
They will have to change to keep up with society.
What happens when it is legal in every single state? Legal by federal standards?
I say we will see litigation, and more litigation. Litigation with employees coming out on top.
Especially if the employee has the backing of his doctor.
People who champion for casual pot use don't equate it with the same stigma as drinking. For example its almost universally agreed upon that it is reckless and irresponsible to drink before or during work. But once a workplace allows an open policy in accordance with state law what's gonna stop Johnny one hitter from smoking before work or during morning break? Hey its legal right? Just a thought

People who champion for casual pot use don't equate it with the same stigma as drinking. For example its almost universally agreed upon that it is reckless and irresponsible to drink before or during work. But once a workplace allows an open policy in accordance with state law what's gonna stop Johnny one hitter from smoking before work or during morning break? Hey its legal right? Just a thought
Um the same reason a guy doesnt drink before work or on break maybe...

Too bad THC stays detectable for so long. It would be better if cocaine, methamphetamine and opiates stayed detectable for a month and weed stayed only for a day.
True, you would think some scientists would be working feverishly on a better thc detection for point of use similar to alcohol, if accomplished they would be billionaires

John, you and I will be composting in the ground, or our ashes long-since dissolved, before what you stated occurs.
I hope you are wrong. But I never thought I would see legal marijuana in my lifetime.
Now we have, what 14 medical marijuana states and two legal states. I would have never thought this would be possible in this country.

One stroke of a Presidential pen can really get this rolling. Marijuana is now classified the same as heroin and cocaine. Class 1 narcotics with no medical use.
Remove pot from that class, and it puts it in class two (2) which is medically accepted similar to narcotic analgesics. Then no one loses a job over a failed pot test.

Then even the most conservative, closed minded doctors will be able to prescribe marijuana.
The most conservative doctor cannot resist the perks from pharma.
This is when marijuana starts getting a second look.
Medical marijuana studies have been on the back burner for many years. (thanks to Ronald Reagan).
Now with a more sensible man in the white house, we very well might see that pen stroke before he leaves office.
We can only hope he comes out for marijuana as he did for gay marriage.

441 and I believe 11 has a zero tolerance policy with random testing. Positive test is mandatory rehab.
I love that one. $100,000, 30 day rehab in Malibu for a failed marijuana drug test. How silly can we get. Its done every single day. Many times over in the US.
And I do know that all rehabs are not 100k with 5 star quality amenities..
This is one very good reason they want to keep it illegal.
Cops, lawyers, judges and the medical community rely on illegal drugs to keep the money flowing.
This is one reason I am for the complete legalization of all drugs.
Thats right. ALL DRUGS.
Run these folks right out of a jobs.

John, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

When I was a little stoner, smoking 5-7 times per day, I knew my decision making was not the best. And that was with the low grade smoke available in the 70's. The ****e they have now is more powerful by several factors of ten, I would venture to guess. I would not want to work with someone who is not at full capacity, or asleep at the wheel at 7:00 in the morning. Let those guys hang sheetrock.

I can return to my slothful ways, if I so desire, in retirement in ten years. For now, I play by the rules, fair or not, loose little sleep worrying about the topic.

I'm in California, with my local union being 302. Just wondering if they allow medical marijuana patients into the wireman apprenticeship program. It would be much appreciated if anyone knows. Thanks!
I had a friend in 302. It must be nice to get paid to do nothing.

I had a friend in 302. It must be nice to get paid to do nothing.
Hey, Bipolar Boy, what is it today? Love your job? Hate your job? Gonna be a contractor in a minute? Working? Sitting home?

Feel free to come into the Union section to take the odd pot-shot, now and then, we can take it. It's not difficult to when you work hard, and are busy, to fend off the darts from the peanut gallery. Since we are such slackers, don't let the cat out of the bag, all the largest customers in the Bay Area, currently keeping us snowed under with work, might find out.

Now, traipse on over to Oaksterdam, why don't you, and register for class? I heard the student interns are unionized, your golden opportunity.....:laughing:

John, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

When I was a little stoner, smoking 5-7 times per day, I knew my decision making was not the best. And that was with the low grade smoke available in the 70's. The ****e they have now is more powerful by several factors of ten, I would venture to guess. I would not want to work with someone who is not at full capacity, or asleep at the wheel at 7:00 in the morning. Let those guys hang sheetrock.

I can return to my slothful ways, if I so desire, in retirement in ten years. For now, I play by the rules, fair or not, loose little sleep worrying about the topic.
I agree with you more than you think.
I was never a 5-7 day smoker even when I was in my teens. And I never ever condone being high at work.
The work place is off limits and I agree.
What happens in someones home or private life is their business.
I don't want to work with people that are drunk or stoned either.
But I will not interfere with their right to privacy.
What they do on their own time, that does not effect ones work is fine with me.

You are correct about strength. I know personally how good it is now.
One puff stuff.

Being a supporter of marijuana, I always look for a chance to give a shout out for pot.

Hey, Bipolar Boy, what is it today? Love your job? Hate your job? Gonna be a contractor in a minute? Working? Sitting home?

Feel free to come into the Union section to take the odd pot-shot, now and then, we can take it. It's not difficult to when you work hard, and are busy, to fend off the darts from the peanut gallery. Since we are such slackers, don't let the cat out of the bag, all the largest customers in the Bay Area, currently keeping us snowed under with work, might find out.

Now, traipse on over to Oaksterdam, why don't you, and register for class? I heard the student interns are unionized, your golden opportunity.....:laughing:
Do you believe everything you read?:laughing:

its illegality is irrelevant because the actual reason for it being illegal is the fact that its a renewable resource that can be used to make oil (gasoline), clothes, shoes, plastics, and plenty of other useful things which would make it hard for major corporations to have a monopoly on those things.. And theres no actually physical addiction to marijuana, if theres an addiction to it at all its a mental addiction caused by routines and repetition. dont be fooled by its illegality, marijuana has numerous positive effects, has no addicitve substances in them, and are far worse than cigarettes (which are actually legal)

I always get a kick out of all the rationalizations potheads have for their addiction. It's no less illegal in california than counterfeiting money is.

its illegality is irrelevant because the actual reason for it being illegal is the fact that its a renewable resource that can be used to make oil (gasoline), clothes, shoes, plastics, and plenty of other useful things which would make it hard for major corporations to have a monopoly on those things.. And theres no actually physical addiction to marijuana, if theres an addiction to it at all its a mental addiction caused by routines and repetition. dont be fooled by its illegality, marijuana has numerous positive effects, has no addicitve substances in them, and are far worse than cigarettes (which are actually legal)

I guess the studies are true LOL

Casual pot smoking causes brain damage scientific study

this article is just basically stating that their research shows that humans' brains are adapting to marijuana use and that suggests that its having the same effects as it is on animals. your brain is going to try to adapt to any chemical that affects it but that doesnt mean its causing damage.

"“It may be that we’re seeing a type of drug learning in the brain,” Gilman said. “We think when people are in the process of becoming addicted, their brains form these new connections.”

In animals, these new connections indicate the brain is adapting to the unnatural level of reward and stimulation from marijuana. These connections make other natural rewards less satisfying."

its all just assumptions based on tests on animals like rats. which is a lot different. being injected with a large amount of thc is a lot different than smoking a joint. their studies dont actually prove whether its damaging our brains or not.
and while people like you are focusing on the "negatives" of pot like "brain damage" theyre completely overlooking the many postive effects like helping children control sever cases of epilepsy

http://www.collective-evolution.com...irl-stops-300-seizures-a-week-using-cannabis/

^thats one of the many positive effects

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.