Electrician Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Hollywood Ca. Home Depot and they had pink Scotch 35 electrical tape in stock. I have never seen pink tape before, is this something new? So in honor of IBEW's LBGTQ+ pride month I will be taping up all my splices with an added layer of pink.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,268 Posts
Never used pink but I've been using 'lavender' for years.

·
Registered
Electrician
1,270 Posts
I absolutely hate that home depot (assuming your talking about the Sunset location) and feel like my Van is going to get broken into every time I go there.. The upper level parking is neat. That home depot used to be open 24/7 which came in handy many times on home projects and "oh ****" moments. Then they changed closing to 12am, 11pm and now I think it closes at 10pm. I haven't been there in a couple years now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I absolutely hate that home depot (assuming your talking about the Sunset location) and feel like my Van is going to get broken into every time I go there.. The upper level parking is neat. That home depot used to be open 24/7 which came in handy many times on home projects and "oh ****" moments. Then they changed closing to 12am, 11pm and now I think it closes at 10pm. I haven't been there in a couple years now.
That's the one, I wouldn't leave my truck unattended there either. It's really bad at the Cypress Park branch, I think a truck is stolen form the parking lot monthly. Lucky for me they only steal Chevys, and I drive a Ford.

·
Super Moderator Beam Me Up Scotty
Elechicken
2,949 Posts
Please see the link below. A profile is required here at Electrician Talk. Please make sure to include occupation and general location.

·
Registered
36th year apprentice & Floor Sweeper
1,203 Posts
I use the pink tape when I’m strapping my junk to my leg. This way the bulge doesn’t show in my skirt.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
32,176 Posts
Nothing wrong with pink tape. I have run pink THHN wire for as long as I can remember and I remember lots .

Is this thread about something else? I don't get all the modern lingo stuff........

·
Hackenschmidt
10,893 Posts
I would buy pink tape. It would be good for labeling things. The good thing about it would be, if you see a label ten years later, if it's on pink tape, you'd be pretty sure it's yours.

The only colors are the ones in the crayola eight plus white, gray, pink, and tan. Thinks like "fuscia" are not colors, I have no idea what that is.

Sometimes you want a color that's anything-but-the-official colors. Black, red, blue, yellow, brown, orange, white, gray, and green are taken. The only legitimate colors left are purple, pink, and tan. Purple and pink travelers are a good idea.

Aqua is supposedly an official color in telecom but come on, it should not be, it's not really even a color. Neither power nor data like tan, for some reason tan gets no play which seems wrong. If I ever saw tan tape, I'd buy it all.

·
Administrator
EC
22,428 Posts
Thanks -- Breast Cancer research will be happy with your choosing pink. I am afraid you have the wrong color for the LGBTQ

Reactions: Southeast Power

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I've pulled pink/purple for travelers in conduit.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,268 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts