Electrician Talk banner

IBEWLGBTQ

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  joe-nwt 
#1 ·
I was at the Hollywood Ca. Home Depot and they had pink Scotch 35 electrical tape in stock. I have never seen pink tape before, is this something new? So in honor of IBEW's LBGTQ+ pride month I will be taping up all my splices with an added layer of pink.

#4 ·
I absolutely hate that home depot (assuming your talking about the Sunset location) and feel like my Van is going to get broken into every time I go there.. The upper level parking is neat. That home depot used to be open 24/7 which came in handy many times on home projects and "oh ****" moments. Then they changed closing to 12am, 11pm and now I think it closes at 10pm. I haven't been there in a couple years now.

#5 ·
I absolutely hate that home depot (assuming your talking about the Sunset location) and feel like my Van is going to get broken into every time I go there.. The upper level parking is neat. That home depot used to be open 24/7 which came in handy many times on home projects and "oh ****" moments. Then they changed closing to 12am, 11pm and now I think it closes at 10pm. I haven't been there in a couple years now.
That's the one, I wouldn't leave my truck unattended there either. It's really bad at the Cypress Park branch, I think a truck is stolen form the parking lot monthly. Lucky for me they only steal Chevys, and I drive a Ford.

Reactions: tmessner
#6 ·
Please see the link below. A profile is required here at Electrician Talk. Please make sure to include occupation and general location.

#11 ·
I would buy pink tape. It would be good for labeling things. The good thing about it would be, if you see a label ten years later, if it's on pink tape, you'd be pretty sure it's yours.

The only colors are the ones in the crayola eight plus white, gray, pink, and tan. Thinks like "fuscia" are not colors, I have no idea what that is.

Sometimes you want a color that's anything-but-the-official colors. Black, red, blue, yellow, brown, orange, white, gray, and green are taken. The only legitimate colors left are purple, pink, and tan. Purple and pink travelers are a good idea.

Aqua is supposedly an official color in telecom but come on, it should not be, it's not really even a color. Neither power nor data like tan, for some reason tan gets no play which seems wrong. If I ever saw tan tape, I'd buy it all.

#14 ·
#18 ·
I got hauled into the owners office over commenting on a ladies breasts. As I listened to the words I asked for the female accountant to bring in the expense book. They were shocked but complied. She looked confused until the end when I asked her to look my up the date and which job I was on. She did. I was not even in the city at the time of the reported incident.
I handed in my phone and keys and said I was leaving. The settlement was sweet. They screwed up cause they had reprimanded her over nothing and had taken salary monies from her.
I knew she would tell the truth in court.
What I never found out was why the woman lied. HR is never your friend.

#19 ·
I was at the Hollywood Ca. Home Depot and they had pink Scotch 35 electrical tape in stock. I have never seen pink tape before, is this something new? So in honor of IBEW's LBGTQ+ pride month I will be taping up all my splices with an added layer of pink.
My last partner rings all her tools with that. I think it’s been around for over 20 years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.