Electrician Talk banner

Ideal 61-959 Circuit Tracer

1413 5
I can't believe what just happened.

I had been going on and on to my project manager about how we needed more circuit tracers to replace the one we had been sharing between the 5 of us Journeyman on his crew.

The old one was a Greenlee Circuit Seeker 2011. I felt we needed to replace it because it does not have a CAT rating on the device.

So he finally goes out and buys 3 of the Ideal 61-959 Circuit Tracers. These things are not cheap and I am shocked.

Anyone have any thing to say about these? Good or bad. Want to know what I am getting before I get it.

Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can't believe what just happened.

I had been going on and on to my project manager about how we needed more circuit tracers to replace the one we had been sharing between the 5 of us Journeyman on his crew.

The old one was a Greenlee Circuit Seeker 2011. I felt we needed to replace it because it does not have a CAT rating on the device.

So he finally goes out and buys 3 of the Ideal 61-959 Circuit Tracers. These things are not cheap and I am shocked.

Anyone have any thing to say about these? Good or bad. Want to know what I am getting before I get it.

Thanks
I have an Ideal but a different model (about $600). It works good, but for breaker identifying the cheap green lee (don't know the model, maybe $50.00) is the best. I'm sure similar ones from other brands are just as good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.