Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the response in the tool bag thread guys but thought I'd start a separate thread so the photos and discussion dont get lost in that thread again lol as i was saying, im looking to get either the ideal or the occidental leather tote and cant decide which one to get. Looking to see the pros and cons of each one and feedback from guys that have either one already is probably the most helpful. Just looking for any information really, photos really help to:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot everyone

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,958 Posts
Splitting a thread so comments don't get mixed up?
Doing that should land you as #11 in the 10 most hazardous jobs list.

·
Banned
303 Posts
Thanks for the response in the tool bag thread guys but thought I'd start a separate thread so the photos and discussion dont get lost in that thread again lol as i was saying, im looking to get either the ideal or the occidental leather tote and cant decide which one to get. Looking to see the pros and cons of each one and feedback from guys that have either one already is probably the most helpful. Just looking for any information really, photos really help to:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot everyone
I don't know about the occidental,,, but I still use the Ideal tote that I got around 1995

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the Ideal and my coworker has the occidental. Both are awesome but I will give the slight edge to the occidental. It is a little bigger, which could be a negative. I can get everything I need in the Ideal, I just think the occidental looks a little better and has a few more nooks and crannies to put stuff

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Splitting a thread so comments don't get mixed up?
Doing that should land you as #11 in the 10 most hazardous jobs list.
1 - you dont make sense

2 - im making a separate thread so the comments dont get lost in the other thread you tool

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Ideal and my coworker has the occidental. Both are awesome but I will give the slight edge to the occidental. It is a little bigger, which could be a negative. I can get everything I need in the Ideal, I just think the occidental looks a little better and has a few more nooks and crannies to put stuff
thanks travis. yeah i think the smaller one wouldnt be a bad idea i agree with you. if its too big i would end up putting more stuff then i need to in it and it could get pretty heavy. what about the totes falling over? does one tip over easier than the other?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i see the CLC one guys were talking about. Is there much of a difference from that one to the other two besides almost $200?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Both are rock solid and do not easily tip. I will say I would not want to carry the occidental very much. It does get heavy

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have had both bags, I started with the ideal and wanted more room so I sold the ideal and bought the occidental and have to say I love it. I can get everything in it I want and need. It's not really bad to carry with shoulder strap. I will take some pics tomorrow and post. It was worth the money

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had both bags, I started with the ideal and wanted more room so I sold the ideal and bought the occidental and have to say I love it. I can get everything in it I want and need. It's not really bad to carry with shoulder strap. I will take some pics tomorrow and post. It was worth the money
thanks man, id love to see the pics. what does the inside look like aswell if you can snap a pic of that too, that would be great:thumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
cotes17 said:
thanks man, id love to see the pics. what does the inside look like aswell if you can snap a pic of that too, that would be great:thumbsup:
I took my bag out of my company truck this weekend for some side work and did not put it back yet so I took a few pics for you. I can take more tomorrow in better light if you want to see it better

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took my bag out of my company truck this weekend for some side work and did not put it back yet so I took a few pics for you. I can take more tomorrow in better light if you want to see it better
no need to take more pics tomorrow man those are perfect, thank you very much

·
Questioner of Authority
880 Posts
i see the CLC one guys were talking about. Is there much of a difference from that one to the other two besides almost $200?
The Ideal and the Occidental are a little more well finished. If you look at the top of the CLC it has a raw leather lip, whereas the other two have piping sewed around them. My CLC is extremely durable so far, and other than not being as well finished as the others I doubt much other difference. No shoulder strap on the CLC, but you can put one on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Ideal and the Occidental are a little more well finished. If you look at the top of the CLC it has a raw leather lip, whereas the other two have piping sewed around them. My CLC is extremely durable so far, and other than not being as well finished as the others I doubt much other difference. No shoulder strap on the CLC, but you can put one on.
Thanks Hawk, whats the bottom of the CLC bag like? is it rubber or plastic material or is it just leather so if you set it in water it will get soaked?

·
Questioner of Authority
880 Posts
Thanks Hawk, whats the bottom of the CLC bag like? is it rubber or plastic material or is it just leather so if you set it in water it will get soaked?
It has a plastic bottom, I still wouldn't set it in water. Mine has been out in the rain a few times, it held up well, and it dries fairly quickly. Setting it on wet concrete or a quarter inch of water wouldn't be that big of a deal I suppose.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It has a plastic bottom, I still wouldn't set it in water. Mine has been out in the rain a few times, it held up well, and it dries fairly quickly. Setting it on wet concrete or a quarter inch of water wouldn't be that big of a deal I suppose.
awesome thanks hawk. Was thinking for like snow or a little wet floor, not planning on putting in it a sink:laughing:

·
Buzzy304E
1,167 Posts
If your are going to wear it, do not get Occidental. They will stain your white work pants.
How would one go about wearing an Occidental tool tote? I have the Ideal tool tote, can it be worn also, or only carried?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts