Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 24 Posts

· Banned
1,244 Posts
A GEC cant have any splices unless its an irreversible weld/crimp... in lay mans terms that means a continuous wire from panel to rode/water bond.
There's more to it.

The GEC would be the conductor going from the panel to the water pipe. But you can splice on another conductor to go from there to the rods, and that does not have to be irreversible because it's a bonding jumper and not a GEC.

The same with 2 panels, you can splice onto the GEC going into one panel with a non-irreversible splice to bring the bonding jumper into the second panel.
1 - 3 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.