Electrician Talk banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Here the inspector phones the utility immediately after the inspection and before he leaves the premises. Takes less than a minute.
Same here. The utility wont come out until the inspector calls. The rural area, the inspector (residential) and the lineman are the same guy, so no problem there, or we reconnect ourselves.

National Grid demanded an inspection in western NH

The state of NH insisted permits be pulled at town hall

The town of Alstead refused to do the 'states job of permitting'

The state of NH took 3 weeks to get an inspector to arrive in Alstead, and he couldn't understand why the town refused to do it's job (read-unfunded mandate)

The customers camp, out on a lake Warren sub lake, stood 3 weeks w/o power while all these bureaucrats argued who's job was what among themselves

The bright side for me, was selling the customer a 'whole camp genny' , after being involved with all these notwits

~CS~

We scheduled a shutdown with the local electrical utility so we could do a repair to a service on a single family home. With this repair, we needed a permit and an inspection from the city which we obtained and scheduled the inspection. Once the work is inspected, the electrical inspector has to call the electrical utility to schedule a reconnect with the utility. (That particular city's requirement.) I asked him after he inspected the work when he planned on calling the utility? His comment in front of the customer was: "I'm very busy today so hopefully I'll have time to call before 4 pm. After the idiotic electrical inspector left, I called the utility myself and told them the house didn't have power and it needed to be reconnected. They scheduled a reconnect and the lineman was there in about 30 minutes. The electrical inspector called me at 4:15 pm this afternoon quite angry asking me why I called the utility? I told him I thought I had to schedule the reconnect.:laughing: he gave me a stern verbal warning never to do it again.:rolleyes: Why can't people just do their job in a timely manner?:censored: Power trip with the electrical inspector?:001_huh:
stuff like this really frosts my balls. And it should do the same for any county executive (worth their salt). We all get busy at our jobs, and a lot of crap is laid onto city/county employees, but in my travels over the last 40 yrs, I have noticed 2 distinct type of govt employees - those that are truly interested in serving the public, and those that act like the ahole in the OP. We give our govt a lot of crap, , but I sincerely believe that the crap we give them is entirely due to the employees of the 2nd type, and it is a shame that it reflects badly on the rest ( because I have personally met a lot of truly great and truly effective and helpful govt employees over the years). There is no place in the govt for these type of people. I hope you let the customer know what transpired, and convince them to write a letter to their county executive outlining the treatment that they received, and you received, at the hands of this individual. Enough letters of that nature should probably get something done.

Reactions: Chris1971
Chris1971 said:
We scheduled a shutdown with the local electrical utility so we could do a repair to a service on a single family home. With this repair, we needed a permit and an inspection from the city which we obtained and scheduled the inspection. Once the work is inspected, the electrical inspector has to call the electrical utility to schedule a reconnect with the utility. (That particular city's requirement.) I asked him after he inspected the work when he planned on calling the utility? His comment in front of the customer was: "I'm very busy today so hopefully I'll have time to call before 4 pm. After the idiotic electrical inspector left, I called the utility myself and told them the house didn't have power and it needed to be reconnected. They scheduled a reconnect and the lineman was there in about 30 minutes. The electrical inspector called me at 4:15 pm this afternoon quite angry asking me why I called the utility? I told him I thought I had to schedule the reconnect.:laughing: he gave me a stern verbal warning never to do it again.:rolleyes: Why can't people just do their job in a timely manner?:censored: Power trip with the electrical inspector?:001_huh:
What city?

That's my feeling about this particular city. I say screw it. I'll call for a reconnect until they throw me in jail. It was inspected. Inspection card was signed. What's the issue?
I fail to see any wrongdoing!
Most people, that have electricity in their home are used to having it and depend on it.
All you did was injure the guy's ego. :eek:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.