Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random question but if you guys could go back in time to the age of 20, would you still be electricians or what???

·
13,020 Posts
When I was 20 it was 2002 and I would have killed George Lucas with a shovel.

(Credit due to Patton Oswalt)

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,353 Posts
Well, I had already been an electrician for three years by the age of 20, so why stop?

I love what I do. I get to see something different every day, I get to meet new people on a daily basis, I get to learn about the history of construction, life, engineering, etc....

This list could go on and on and on.....and never stop changing. You will never learn it all, you will never master it all, and you will never stop being able to fill your life with stories.

The same can not be said about many peoples lives and professions. :thumbsup:

Reactions: wendon

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
I wouldn't go back to 20. I would go back to 18 and go ahead and have sex with that nice lady teacher. don't know what I was thinking. just sayin.

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
8,867 Posts
Yep, still enjoy what I do; most of the time.....

I was 20 in 1976 and yes I agree, it was a different world back then. Mostly better, some worse.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That would be hard choice.
I was a 1st year apprentice making $4.75 an hour (left a $10.00 hour job)broke as hell and on the shovel everyday.

However,I was living with Donna and man was she fun.I would definitely do it again.
(As long as the wife didn't find out) she would not have anything to do with me if I only made $4.75 .Ha.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,717 Posts
If I was back in time to twenty I would spend less time fussing over who was a better lead guitarist and instead I would be working on my future game called Angry Birds...

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I was 20 when I dropped out of college. I would have stayed, and knowing what I know now, I would have switched my major to business, and become a CEO making an unreal amount of money. :)

Then I would retire when I was 40, and disappear into the sunset.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Electricity was the last thing on my mind when i was 20 in the 70's truckin' around the nation, camping in national parks , and having a grand time suckin' in America's geographic and cultural diversity:thumbsup:
~CS~

·
Registered
32,071 Posts
I was 20 in 1972,

I would do almost everything the same.

I have few regrets, though I would have banged my neighbor that later told me from age 16 until I married for the first time she wanted me.

DAMN

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was 20 in 1991. I would have sold everything I owned and used the proceeds to buy Apple and Microsoft shares.

I also would have taken more risks on the dating front.

Aside from that, I would absolutely have done my career exactly the same.

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
I knew I was going to be an electrician when I was 10. I do have some other things I would have changed though.

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,918 Posts
Gotta love your job

No matter what, you got to love your job. My shop teacher said to us on the first day of trade school "If you can't get up and enjoy saying off to work, you are in the wrong field. And that goes for my class you got to enjoy saying off to school" Going on 40years of electrical work and still enjoy it. BUT it has to be something YOU are happy with.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
wow...if I changed things would they have turned out differently with my wife and kids...married 28 years 2 great kids....I think I would of listened more. I love being a sparky but it has its ups and downs....I wish they had an HVAC program but then...they make great bank and it is interesting work irony is a I turned down a tin knocker apprenticeship at 31....1979 I was 18...turned down a county sheriff job at 26....dah wtf was I thinking.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts