Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering here I have a cordless impact driver and have seen some of those Dewalt and Milwaukee socket adapters in stores. My socket says not for use with power tools and I've seen specific rated impact sockets. What's all the difference, anything wrong with putting a normal socket on a cordless impact?

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
There's a good chance it will break. I broke a normal phillips bit when using it in an impact gun and it hit me in the face an inch away from my eye.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I use them all the time, they may split, if they do Ill buy another one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I impact everything, haven't broken a socket yet. Plenty of bits, but no adapters. I've broken the Dewalt impact rated hole saws though, they are weak. And Milwaukee shock wave bits might not break but they deform really easy

·
Registered
14,460 Posts
A battery impact won't likely do any damage. Sockets with cheap chrome may flake over time.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,958 Posts
I've done well with the DeWalt bits and adapters in the cordless impact. I also have a manual impact driver with its own bits.. It's the type you strike with a hammer.. If the bold or screw is that bad, I manually do it to break it free..

·
Registered
12,376 Posts

I bought this type of impact even though I have the regular impact.
But I also bought this set of sockets for it. They cost almost as much the driver.

I've used it twice so far, it was worth every penny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts