Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think, as a service tech, the color of your shirt sets the tone of the importance in our profession to the client? If so, what colors are significant?

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
dark blue, white would get to dirty nothing purple yellow red

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Do you think, as a service tech, the color of your shirt sets the tone of the importance in our profession to the client? If so, what colors are significant?
I think white or tan are good shirt colors blue I associate with the maytag man. I think shirt color should not overwhelm your logo colors that is why white is a good shirt.

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
I think white or tan are good shirt colors blue I associate with the maytag man. I think shirt color should not overwhelm your logo colors that is why white is a good shirt.
I would say CLEAN is the best color.

What is this ? A fashion show ?

:whistling2:

Cut the Bull Sh*t.

Just do the job !

Attachments

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
...........anything in flannel:thumbup:....(clean)....not in 'bamma here...Tide or Auburn....may be a easier question...........maybe.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Just cause NY only has one division one football team, doesn't mean you can't be a redneck too... Go ACC IE All Color Coordinated!

...........anything in flannel:thumbup:....(clean)....not in 'bamma here...Tide or Auburn....may be a easier question...........maybe.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I like flanners myself. Good post here, just make sure your nasty clothes get washed, you'll be fine

Reactions: RGH

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
I prefer the t-shirt as well. I have been experimenting with this over the last two years. I have had a few screen printed t's done, some button ups, and some polo shirts.

The customers seem to prefer the t's better than anything else, especially because they immediately are able to recognize who we are and who we are with. We got the greatest response when the instead of the left breast being printed, the whole front and back had our design on them.

No one ever made a single comment on the button ups, and just a few liked the polo shirts.

Reactions: Chris1971

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,923 Posts
Every trade around here supplies their monkeys with bright neon green , bright neon yellow, or bright neon orange long sleeved t-shirts. Now these type of shirts are associated with recent parolees on a break from their real occupation , drug infractions and time in the big house which as you would guess, makes homeowners nervous. PV system companies all dress the monkeys up like that too. I guess this is an osha thing from the prevalence of it. I liken it to a thug stamp.

I always go against the tide of conformity so, if I had a bunch of so called electricians I was going to unleash on the public, maybe I might opt to send them out with the metro sexual look. You know- a nice Boy George hat and perhaps one of those super thin neckties, a pressed white button up shirt with matching shorts , and dark colored socks to go with white sneakers..

:laughing:

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Yes, and its been proven over and over. Uniform color greatly effects first impression and White collared shirts consistently reflect the best first impression with light blue and tan close second, red and green consistently being the worst.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
How about shorts!:thumbup:

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
I prefer the t-shirt as well. I have been experimenting with this over the last two years. I have had a few screen printed t's done, some button ups, and some polo shirts.

The customers seem to prefer the t's better than anything else, especially because they immediately are able to recognize who we are and who we are with. We got the greatest response when the instead of the left breast being printed, the whole front and back had our design on them.

No one ever made a single comment on the button ups, and just a few liked the polo shirts.
I detest tee shirts if they're on larger people. I bought uniform shirts X long because there's nothing like an employee wearing a tee shirt, bending over working in a public place with boxers and/or a vertical smile showing.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Every trade around here supplies their monkeys with bright neon green , bright neon yellow, or bright neon orange long sleeved t-shirts. Now these type of shirts are associated with recent parolees on a break from their real occupation , drug infractions and time in the big house which as you would guess, makes homeowners nervous. PV system companies all dress the monkeys up like that too. I guess this is an osha thing from the prevalence of it. I liken it to a thug stamp.

I always go against the tide of conformity so, if I had a bunch of so called electricians I was going to unleash on the public, maybe I might opt to send them out with the metro sexual look. You know- a nice Boy George hat and perhaps one of those super thin neckties, a pressed white button up shirt with matching shorts , and dark colored socks to go with white sneakers..

:laughing:
We have quite a few jobs where it is required to wear brightly colored uni's.

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
I detest tee shirts if they're on larger people. I bought uniform shirts X long because there's nothing like an employee wearing a tee shirt, bending over working in a public place with boxers and/or a vertical smile showing.
Stop looking at your employees butt you perv.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts