Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Why would his panel need to be replaced by a plumber. 🤠. As said do the proper panel upgrade, remember this is a friend of a friend. Don't ever do anything that is borderline as it could effect your business because the FOF did not like it or gets called out on it later and says " But TEO said it wasOK"
yeah i heard TEO said it was fine but CA said no way jose

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Nothing, as stated it's ok to install 3r indoors.
A common statement from inspector to homeowners would be "EC wasted money putting 3r indoors"

On resi I always have inspector, H.O., & me on site
i dont like to waste money so i dont go off of what inspectors say, only what codes are legally adopted..... also dont waste time with shadowing ppl unless its paid.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Indoors and outdoors are not defined in NEC Article 100. Dry locations, Damp Locations, and Wet Locations are. NEC TABLE 110.28 does define what enclosures are required for what types of exposure to what type of conditions.

As I read both those I can only conclude a nema one panel is fine as long as it is not subject to any rain, sleet, snow, combustive dusts, vapors, etc. Flushed into a carport wall with a door fashioned on the front pretty much means it's not going to be subject to any of the above. Dampness although fairly ambiguous at times might be the only real possibility of getting thru the barrier. There is probably work arounds for that as well, ie gaskets.
lets not forget our favorite 110.3b

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
Just to be clear I'm not doing any work on this house.
Just doing a friend a favor and looking at this and giving my opinion, I work for a commercial electrical contractor.
The plumbing contractor also does electrical and wants $5000.00 to replace this.
I think that's a little high, for what it would take to replace.
But don't know the going rate for residential.
well you looked at it, we all looked at it. moving on. now show us better pix

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.