Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the hypotenuse of b/c is equal to or greater than adjacent a/c and one third of opposite a/b, squared, represented as a function of time over distance (parabolic)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I think what he is asking is.... If you are an industrial electrical contractor can you do residential work. In NJ as long as you have a license you can do whatever kind of electrical work you want.
Same in Mi. As you said, if you are an electrical contractor you can legally do all types of work.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Is there really such a thing as an industrial electrician or a residential electrician? I can't imagine doing only one type of work. Maybe us country electricians are just multifaceted because we have to be.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
oh, yes , backstay, i know some that have never done resi as well as some that have never done ind. im personally very light on the ind. end

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
legally, can be an industrial electrician as a contractor of residential work?
There's a few steps to becoming a contractor, but I don't think the FSR is restricted to construction electrician only.

So in other words, yes I think an industrial electrician can become a residential contractor, but BC Safety Authority would be the best people to ask.

·
Estwing magic
26,754 Posts
It's maybe kind of a legitimate backwards sort of question...

Without going into detail, a contractor in BC can be licensed for 240V, 750V or unrestricted. An industrial contractor would be licensed for 750V or unrestricted so he could, legally, wire a house. On the other hand, a resi contractor limited to 240V would be out of luck on an industrial site.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts