Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got laid off from a job that was supposed to last six months in S Idaho because they over staffed the job to get it done faster (lame). So..... now looking for the next best place to go where there are several opportunities for Industrial/Commercial work, with lots of overtime!. Staffing companies are taking up so much time! North Idaho is just not busy enough! Especially for the winter! If its North Dakota, then thats where it has to be.:eek: I need something to happen fast so I thought I would throw it out there.

Just curious if anyone else is or has been floating around and has any info for a short term, sad story, hard working, traveling electrician! Haha :thumbup:

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
da Job bone connected to da manufacturing bone....da manufacturing bone connected to da outsource bone.....the outsource bone connected to the elite bone.....the elite bone connected to the congress bone......:whistling2:~CS~

·
Licensed Journeyman
5,880 Posts
Steel mill in La going on. VA hospital too.

·
Licensed Journeyman
5,880 Posts
Errbody in the VA. 130 has a huge segment. Open shop is All Star. I think Fritzhetz, Sharp, and Ordez in VA for 130.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes...Was at Simplot :-/ Might get hired on the other Simplot going on, but not sure I will stick around.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have a bunch of fitters there. Who's the EC?
What are fitters? Faith Technologies has Simplot. Where is there- are you still on the job? I was hired by a staffing company that told me there would be work for at least 6 months. Im not sure if it is normal for jobs to end that way or if the staffing company just raked me over. Still trying to sort through it all and move on to something else..

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
What are fitters? Faith Technologies has Simplot. Where is there- are you still on the job? I was hired by a staffing company that told me there would be work for at least 6 months. Im not sure if it is normal for jobs to end that way or if the staffing company just raked me over. Still trying to sort through it all and move on to something else..
Pipefitters. I'm not there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pipefitters. I'm not there.
Got ya. Ya they had guys working 6, 12 hr days and then just dumped about 50-75 journeymen electricians once phase 1 was complete. Lots of people working that job. Hope your guys can stay on as long as possible.

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
I just got laid off from a job that was supposed to last six months in S Idaho because they over staffed the job to get it done faster (lame). So..... now looking for the next best place to go where there are several opportunities for Industrial/Commercial work, with lots of overtime!. Staffing companies are taking up so much time! North Idaho is just not busy enough! Especially for the winter! If its North Dakota, then thats where it has to be.:eek: I need something to happen fast so I thought I would throw it out there.

Just curious if anyone else is or has been floating around and has any info for a short term, sad story, hard working, traveling electrician! Haha :thumbup:

http://www.gruspersonnel.com/ContentFiles/electrician-jobs.aspx

take it for what it is.... they are flooding the local paper daily wanting help. :rockon:

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
When I first hit em up they wanted to drag me to Florida from Seattle. Then they called me back and had a big job in Lynnwood. I had already landed a gig 5 minutes from the pad though. Dropped my jobox and now I wheelie my street legal YZ all the way to work every day. :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Head up to northern Alberta for some work, I'm a third year making 36 an hour in town Calgary. You could make anywhere from 6000-10000 a month up north staying in a camp

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Head up to northern Alberta for some work, I'm a third year making 36 an hour in town Calgary. You could make anywhere from 6000-10000 a month up north staying in a camp
How do you get certified/licensed in Canada eh? Did you use a staffing company or how can I find out more info on this? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts