Electrician Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
currentlyLooped
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a noob in school. Industrial electricity/ electronics. Love this place for good info. And y'all crack me up. Good senses of humor. Take care and be easy. :whistling2:

·
Registered
31,144 Posts
Where to heck did this term NOOB come from, in 40 years in the trade, I have only recently herad it here.

·
13,020 Posts
Where to heck did this term NOOB come from, in 40 years in the trade, I have only recently herad it here.
Noob = newbie :laughing:

I allllmost threw a "You might be old" comment in there but I didn't want to be a d**k

·
13,020 Posts
Just a noob in school. Industrial electricity/ electronics. Love this place for good info. And y'all crack me up. Good senses of humor. Take care and be easy. :whistling2:
What kinda school you go to?

I started off my apprenticeship working on a big steam turbine generator building at a big pulp mill near here. First day on the job they had me helping some dude bend 4" Rigid conduit and all I could think was "This was a f**king bad decision."

But I got over it :thumbup:

·
I have a black cat.
4,021 Posts
If you don't know what a noob is not only are you old but you most certainly are a redneck.
:laughing:

·
currentlyLooped
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all for the welcome:thumbup1: I'm at the local comm. college going for my AAS degree. They kinda groom us for working at the Kia automotive plant nearby, which is really a joke once you know more about the place. I've been a machine operator for years and enjoyed that so taking it a step farther shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Thanks to all for the welcome:thumbup1: I'm at the local comm. college going for my AAS degree. They kinda groom us for working at the Kia automotive plant nearby, which is really a joke once you know more about the place. I've been a machine operator for years and enjoyed that so taking it a step farther shouldn't be too hard.
What do you mean by joke?

You brought it up, spill the beans.

ohhhh, and welcome.:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thread and THEN bend Ridgid. That makes you good. Work on that.

·
currentlyLooped
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hyundai motors (owner of Kia) made a deal with the state of GA to to hire X amount of georgia residents when the enormous facility was built 3 years ago. They did in the beginning but have since fired many of them over petty "offenses". They then brought in their own people from S. Korea to take their place. All of middle and upper management is Korean. They're very disrespectful to the American workers. I have a few family members working through the temp agencies, which is another crock. They pull you right before your 90 days and move you to another supplier factory to keep from hiring anyone. So needless to say, I will not drive a Kia or a Hyundai. I'm hoping to find work somewhere else in the country, eventually.

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
Hyundai motors (owner of Kia) made a deal with the state of GA to to hire X amount of georgia residents when the enormous facility was built 3 years ago. They did in the beginning but have since fired many of them over petty "offenses". They then brought in their own people from S. Korea to take their place. All of middle and upper management is Korean. They're very disrespectful to the American workers. I have a few family members working through the temp agencies, which is another crock. They pull you right before your 90 days and move you to another supplier factory to keep from hiring anyone. So needless to say, I will not drive a Kia or a Hyundai. I'm hoping to find work somewhere else in the country, eventually.
Wasn't that a movie? Aren't you supposed to get all gung ho and then kick their azzes?

·
Registered
183 Posts
:thumbsup:

For the last month I've been working on a couple transformers that are huge enougph to put power on the grid...they're Humday. We have a rep out who is very snobbish about America. I don't like him and I'm kinda mad that we protect them. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts