Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there other threads on this and if there is please lead me in their direction, but I have a few questions I would like answered.

I have not had any experience with any inground pools yet, only hot tubs and above ground.

I would like a more in depth explanation of the bonding and bonding rings with the structure rebar and all of that. I have a general idea but just want clarification. What are some 2011 requirements on pools? Any diagrams or anything?

I've read through my 2011 book but it's very vague on explanations!

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Don't know NEC, but around here bond the pool at 4 corners and all extras, like ladder, lights, rebar for deck and all that jazz... just bond the hell out of it all. You don't want a difference of potential anywhere in those huge batteries we like to swim in.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,143 Posts
Mike Holt used to have a free swimming pools electrical rules with illustrations as a pdf download on his website, but I looked for it for you this morning and could not find it there now.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Mike Holt used to have a free swimming pools electrical rules with illustrations as a pdf download on his website, but I looked for it for you this morning and could not find it there now.
Google.....

mike holt free pool download

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.