Electrician Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, I interviewed with the owner, and he seemd quite impressed with my resume. He asked why I would give up fighting fire, and I showed him my scars. He understood right away.

Interview went well, and told me the other guy he was going to interview showed up 30 minutes late, wearing flip flops. Needless to say I got the job.

The pay is more than I was expecting for an apprentice. He is going to start me at $12, which isn't bad for this area at all. He said he understood if I didn't want the job, since it would be a huge pay cut for me. I told him it's actually more than I was expecting (9-10 per hour) and that I would gladly take the job.

I start tomorrow. WOOT!!

Gotta go find my boots now......

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
Well, I interviewed with the owner, and he seemd quite impressed with my resume. He asked why I would give up fighting fire, and I showed him my scars. He understood right away.

Interview went well, and told me the other guy he was going to interview showed up 30 minutes late, wearing flip flops. Needless to say I got the job.

The pay is more than I was expecting for an apprentice. He is going to start me at $12, which isn't bad for this area at all. He said he understood if I didn't want the job, since it would be a huge pay cut for me. I told him it's actually more than I was expecting (9-10 per hour) and that I would gladly take the job.

I start tomorrow. WOOT!!

Gotta go find my boots now......
Congratulations, Best Of Luck!:thumbup:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
something little less deadly is always good. Welcome to the forum.
Absolutely. Thanks for the welcome.

Day one whooped my rear end. Not used to doing that kind of work.

But, glad day 1 is over. Installed a bunch of outlets and switches in a new construction home, and also ran a bunch of low voltage wire for the garage door system in an AMAZING house. (Maybe post pictures)

Installed some light fixtures and fart fans. Overall, not a bad day. Off to bed.....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts