Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspector threw a fit that 2nd fl gfci protected 1st fl powder rm. Says he will not pass it again. Gladly took $100 from gc .

Is there anyone in N.Y. who is not corrupt?

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did he give a code rule or is it one of those
mystery codes ?
I don't do between floors, but on the same floor for sure.
What's the safety concern there?
Mystery code, looks like I'll be present for future finals on next two new builds. They are wired the day way.

·
Light Bender
plumber
6,964 Posts
Every new house I've been to is done like that. (Canada)

Most of them have one gfi device that protects 3 outlets in three different bathrooms.

Inspectors only look for the little stickers. The one's that come with the device that say "GFCI protected"

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every new house I've been to is done like that. (Canada)

Most of them have one gfi device that protects 3 outlets in three different bathrooms.

Inspectors only look for the little stickers. The one's that come with the device that say "GFCI protected"
Back in the day we installed one gfci at the panel to protect all bath,outside and basement outlets. I don't think he likes jumping floors to test it.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Unfortunately homes around here are wired as cheap as possible. I don't do ressi but the ones I spoke of were new houses my friends bought.
I don't really think it is region specific. I don't really blame the contractors either. If you don't do it at the cheapest price they will find someone who will. Another thing that gets me is the switched outlet code.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't really think it is region specific. I don't really blame the contractors either. If you don't do it at the cheapest price they will find someone who will. Another thing that gets me is the switched outlet code.
All the cheap building methods encourage future electrical work, more money to the trade

·
Registered
10,633 Posts
Inspector threw a fit that 2nd fl gfci protected 1st fl powder rm. Says he will not pass it again. Gladly took $100 from gc .

Is there anyone in N.Y. who is not corrupt?
Nassau town or village? :whistling2:

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
Crooked inspectors and made up code rules are why permits and inspections are avoided.
Really?!?!?

Even when the inspectors don't make up codes and aren't crooked most times inspections are still avoided.

Pete

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.