Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got called for a rental townhouse complex .need replacing pull switches and receptacles .houses are wired with alumium romex.according to esa a permit is required for each town house( probably one point per unit).total cost of permit for the site would be more than the total job qoute.what are my options and take up the job.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
to esa a permit is required for each town house( probably one point per unit).total cost of permit for the site would be more than the total job qoute.what are my options and take up the job.
How could the permit cost be more than your quote?

This is easy. Everyone has to make a living including the inspector. So to change a switch your quote is...

Switch: $0.78
Labor: $150.00 ( you have to go get the switch, deliver and install at job site.
Permit: $200.00 (maybe their minimum but they gotta eat too)

Total: $350.78

Tax extra of course cause we gotta support our country.

^^ What's the problem? Your cost is your cost.

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
got called for a rental townhouse complex .need replacing pull switches and receptacles .houses are wired with alumium romex.according to esa a permit is required for each town house( probably one point per unit).total cost of permit for the site would be more than the total job qoute.what are my options and take up the job.
The criteria is obvious. Get a permit. Use the AHJ as your ally.

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,105 Posts
Why not pull a renovation permit for multiple units? $96 for the first 4 units+ $6- $15 for the additional unit(s) added?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
If the permit costs more than what you're charging for the work, then you are not charging anywhere near enough.:no:

Welcome to the forum....:thumbsup:

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
what are your options ? is this for real ?

this thread is cletis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts