Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a rough inspection on a new house, its a HUD house and they wanted code minimum so i ran 1 15a circuit for the fridge, range hood, and a single ceiling fixture (max 2 60w lamps). Inspector failed me for it saying fridge needs its own circuit. The 2 SABCs are there, ive never heard of such a thing as a required fridge only circuit, just that it cant be on the SABC. im pretty sure its not in the code. its a easy fix, receptacle is 3' from the panel and im not going to make a fight out of it but i say BS. what do you guys say?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
fridge CAN be on the sabc, but if it isn't then it can be on a dedicated 15 amp circuit minimum.

no other loads can be run off of that circuit. that's the problem you are running into

·
Pool Shark
472 Posts
I just had a rough inspection on a new house, its a HUD house and they wanted code minimum so i ran 1 15a circuit for the fridge, range hood, and a single ceiling fixture (max 2 60w lamps). Inspector failed me for it saying fridge needs its own circuit. The 2 SABCs are there, ive never heard of such a thing as a required fridge only circuit, just that it cant be on the SABC. im pretty sure its not in the code. its a easy fix, receptacle is 3' from the panel and im not going to make a fight out of it but i say BS. what do you guys say?
what Drspec said

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,162 Posts
FrunkSlammer said:
Except we can put a plug in clock on the circuit. PLUG IN CLOCK! :laughing:
Yup, a recessed clock receptacle is great. It can also be used for hanging pictures and having a light for the picture..

I have a few of these in my home. My wife likes to decorate.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fridge CAN be on the sabc, but if it isn't then it can be on a dedicated 15 amp circuit minimum.

no other loads can be run off of that circuit. that's the problem you are running into
well dang looks like i was wrong lol.. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup, a recessed clock receptacle is great. It can also be used for hanging pictures and having a light for the picture..

I have a few of these in my home. My wife likes to decorate.
thats the only thing ive ever used one for.. i dont think ive ever seen a plug in clock other than in school buildings

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,240 Posts
I have never in my life done a single recessed plug.
used them on microwave shelves, when the customer buys a huge mic, and the cord pushes the unit out too far.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
well dang looks like i was wrong lol.. thanks guys
Yes well, as you're shunned and flogged w/salt thrown in your wounds, just remember we've all been tied to the code whippin' post Hippie....~CS~

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Yes well, as you're shunned and flogged w/salt thrown in your wounds, just remember we've all been tied to the code whippin' post Hippie....~CS~
.......and a mighty post it is here at ET.:whistling2:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts