Electrician Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Though not code....Any good electrician would only run cables on conduits 90 or perpendicular to members...on angles looks unprofessional IMO

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
6,969 Posts
Millions of tract homes with NMD snaked every which way in the attic.
I heard once, somewhere in a land far far away, an inspector actually went up and looked during inspection..... That could very well be urban legend though.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Retired EC and Fuel distribution contractor
708 Posts
Millions of tract homes with NMD snaked every which way in the attic.
I heard once, somewhere in a land far far away, an inspector actually went up and looked during inspection..... That could very well be urban legend though.

:rolleyes:
When I was a helper in the early 70's I ran a window AC circuit under the house and took the angle in the far corner of the house instead of squaring it up and ... the inspector actually crawled all the way over to the other side of the house and turned us down (I was ignorant of this requirement).

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Does he "require" faceplate screws be vertical too?

Reactions: splatz

·
Chief Flunky
Field Service Engineer
1,781 Posts
Neat and workmanlike refers to a NECA standard of which the only thing above and beyond Code I can remember is a bunch of stuff about material storage and lining up the penetrations neatly.

You are supposed to secure NM every so many feet, same as any other cable type where exposed runs are allowed. So just cross crossing every which way in an attic looking like a telecom/CATv install job isn’t going to cut it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts