Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a JuiceBox Pro 40 EV charger in my garage, and debating how I should set it up.

We just moved into the house, where there was a previous outdoor hot tub on a 40A line. A 6/3 line ran to a junction box just before running outside; once outside, it ran into an exterior box with disconnect/GFCI.

Inside this panel is a GFCI with a Definite Purpose Controller.

I was thinking of using this box to connect the EV charger. What I would do is run a new 6/3 electrical line from the inside junction box to the garage, install this box inside the garage, then direct wire the EV charger to this box.

Thoughts? Would this box be beneficial? For reference, i am in the US, Pennsylvania, where 2015 NEC is effect. Thanks in advance for any advice or insight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would post links to the EV charger as well as images for the disconnect box, but I just made this account here so I cannot post those yet.

The JuiceBox Pro 40 EV charger is easily searchable on Amazon. It has a 40A capability but will most likely only using 16-20A.

The definite purpose controller is a Furnas 42CF35A1, 50A 3 pole.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Judging by the avatars none of you look remotely like John Wayne.:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.