Electrician Talk banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,568 Posts
Now that is very impressive.
Maybe I should steal it and pretend I did it. Oh the stories I could weave at break time.
Just ask the guys to save you their old razor knife blades, then you can fill them in as to why.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,568 Posts
as an electrician in Massachusetts for 2-3 decades ( how depressing) I've never seen non insulated staples because they have been allowed.
I didn't know they had insulated staples 30 years ago.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Are these what you're talking about? I put two 14/2's or 12/2's under these. I don't know if they are approved for two cables but I do it all the time.

If somebody calls me unprofessional for using them, I don't care. They're better than those stamped steel ones with the shoulder. Those things suck donkey ballz.
99 how much do those cost you at westburne? I pick up 300 of these for under $15 when they go on sale but those you posted look better.
I find that the nails are too long with the GB's and if I am going into 1/2" ply on concrete, the nails bottom out before seating into the plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are these what you're talking about? I put two 14/2's or 12/2's under these. I don't know if they are approved for two cables but I do it all the time.

If somebody calls me unprofessional for using them, I don't care. They're better than those stamped steel ones with the shoulder. Those things suck donkey ballz.
Hi! Its hilarious to listen to all these neanderthal old sparkys that are afraid to update their thinking.
It's common sense, is it not?
That it is a very strong mechanical fastener with the correct plastic against insulation.
Its still connected by one or two wood tack nails or a u nail.
It eliminates all the crimping and crushing of the insulation due to over depthing.
It eliminates eventual destruction of the insulation from friction by the fastener.
Its much easier to install. It looks way better also!!
Oh yeah , like you said those fence post style dinosaur days u nails/Staples suck donkey balls .
So I guess, so do the morons that use them.

·
neutral member
ELECTRICIAN!!!
1,849 Posts
back in 2018 (when this thread was new) I hammered in several or more old-timey staples

no problems so far (or for that matter, none from most that I drove in the previous 40 years)

and I've still got some of the money from hammering them in (probably around 18%)

gee I'm such a moron

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It eliminates eventual destruction of the insulation from friction by the fastener.

Oh yeah , like you said those fence post style dinosaur days u nails/Staples suck donkey balls .
So I guess, so do the morons that use them.
How fast is your cable moving relative to your fastener that you have a friction issue?
Also, I bet you make friends real easily, what with your cunty, judgemental statements by way of introduction.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts