Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
7,903 Posts
I think the pimple faced Manager kid at McDonalds makes $25 hr ..... That wouldn't even get me out of bed (n)

Reactions: joe-nwt

·
Registered
Commercial/Industrial and Service work
461 Posts
They have no interest in one person who didn’t do their apprenticeship. I’m not saying your not skilled by any means they will just have their own methods. Now if I could offer organizing the whole shop you could get right in (this earns the local market share) if not you will more than likely have to do some form of apprenticeship again be it the whole thing or an Accelerated form

·
Registered
industrial E,I&C
3,764 Posts
If you want lots of money and don't mind living away from home there are lots of contractor company's that pay 3k a week 13 on 1 off. If you want a adventure then as long as you have money to live on what ever they pay is good enough.
If you want a stable home life then get use to being poor and work locally.

Tried all 3. Turns out im not adventurous and i tended to drink heavy when i was away from home. So i opted to be poor and married.

·
Registered
Commercial/Industrial and Service work
461 Posts
Organizing as in getting my current coworkers who are anti union to join a union? I live in a right to work state and I'd probably get blacklisted from working locally if I got caught pulling a stunt like that.
“They hate us cause the ain’t us” give some one a real chance and I bet they would vote yes. If it doesn’t work you would get organized in for trying anyway. Or if you don’t mind traveling go buy a book down south and work off book 2 on big shut downs around the country

21 - 40 of 64 Posts