Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

My name is John, I moved to Alberta a couple of years ago to work in the oilfield. I have always been interested in electrical and just finally started to pursue the trade with much difficulty. I am currently not a registered apprentice but have been trying for a few months to get indentured!

I have been reading around the forums for a bit now, and have finally decided to join up!

Looking forward to talking with everyone! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hi All!

My name is John, I moved to Alberta a couple of years ago to work in the oilfield. I have always been interested in electrical and just finally started to pursue the trade with much difficulty. I am currently not a registered apprentice but have been trying for a few months to get indentured!

I have been reading around the forums for a bit now, and have finally decided to join up!

Looking forward to talking with everyone! :thumbsup:

Cheers!
Hello John, Welcome Aboard....:thumbup:

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Welcome John, what kind of work are you doing right now?

Do you have all the tools and safety gear ready to go at a moments notice of a company needing/wanting you? It'll probably happen that way, so you need to be ready. And in the mean time, working something in the construction/oil industry (anything) is good.. gets you around the people who hire guys like you. Work hard, act smart, keep your mouth closed except when saying thank you and yes please.. and keep trying to get on somewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey! I'm an equipment operator for a coil rig :) I actually just got into some part time electrical work for the hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts