Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have a program for tracking inventory? Something where after each job is completed a list of parts used can be easily recorded and kept in a cloud based database?

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
Do any of you have a program for tracking inventory? Something where after each job is completed a list of parts used can be easily recorded and kept in a cloud based database?
There are so many of those on the app stores that I can't make any moola at it.

·
Banned
33,456 Posts
One that's just for electrical work, with all the parts already loaded.
So if somebody were able to make one for you , what would you be willing to pay for it?

Reactions: CADPoint

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Not to be "that guy" but, ES2 is going to have inventory tracking with barcode scan capability. Harry, correct me if I am off base here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
We have looked at two so far, both the 12k range for the top end. Fishbowl and Wasp. Both will integrate with our accounting software. But you have to set up your inventory as well.

·
Banned
33,456 Posts
I don't know, what does a normal piece of business software cost, $100? $200?

When you say "normal" I would suppose you are talking about off the shelf software. A custom job that does what you need would probably run minimum 5,000 and if you want sync to cloud, add another 5,000 or so. It's a fair amount of work.

There are some 99 cent ones at app stores. But not geared to electrical

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
We use epicor, $100,000 and nothing will have the parts pre-loaded. Ton of data entry.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont need home depot's inventory system, but I dont want a pen and paper system either. Something in between, like some way to put a decent front end on an excel spreadsheet

·
Banned
33,456 Posts
I dont need home depot's inventory system, but I dont want a pen and paper system either. Something in between, like some way to put a decent front end on an excel spreadsheet
Make your spreadsheet and send it to me. If I am in the mood I may make one for you. No promises though. But I have done it for people before. What I won't do is amass data for you, you have to do that legwork on your own.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Dylanewilliams said:
Lol. Real business software other than quickbooks is exponentially higher that $200, ES-2 estimations software is $1200 a year, and is on the low end for real business software.v

·
Estwing magic
26,422 Posts
When you say "normal" I would suppose you are talking about off the shelf software. A custom job that does what you need would probably run minimum 5,000 and if you want sync to cloud, add another 5,000 or so. It's a fair amount of work.

There are some 99 cent ones at app stores. But not geared to electrical
99 cents is good :)

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Haha! I'm willing to bet most guys on this forum don't even have $100,000 worth of inventory.
It's heavy but I carry the 100K in my pocket. For me others carry the Inventory and I just pick it up when needed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
daveEM said:
It's heavy but I carry the 100K in my pocket. For me others carry the Inventory and I just pick it up when needed.
For a service based company that just put their markup on the items they sell this is fine. For bigger contractors doing quoted stuff the only way to survive is to purchase on a larger scale usually leaving extra stock or inventory in the shop and you should try to track it somehow to make sure your making money and what you keep on hand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.