Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right here we go. They have Angies list. We need sparkies list. I am going to form a database of dead beat customers. For a small monthly fee you can review all potential customers. You will find out if they pay if they are honest. Slow pay partial pay and if they were just a general pain in the ass.For an additional fee I will build a list for GC's too.

Also I will play both sides and for a fee I will remove you from my bad customer list. GC'S can pay a percentage of their savings that they burn the electrician out of.

Please mail your funds to me and make all checks out to cash.

Thank you

Sparky
Founder of sparkies list

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
Head on over to ContractorTalk and you'll find this idea is not new.

It also is destined to fail.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
All right here we go. They have Angies list. We need sparkies list. I am going to form a database of dead beat customers. For a small monthly fee you can review all potential customers. You will find out if they pay if they are honest. Slow pay partial pay and if they were just a general pain in the ass.For an additional fee I will build a list for GC's too.

Also I will play both sides and for a fee I will remove you from my bad customer list. GC'S can pay a percentage of their savings that they burn the electrician out of.

Thank you

Sparky
Founder of sparkies list
You might be joking but I think it's a good idea. Give the customers a taste of their own medicine. I might even be willing to do it for less money. If everyone participated think of the headaches that could be avoided. Imagine the surprise of the potential customer when they called around and nobody would come out!! The good customers would get the red carpet treatment they deserve and the poor ones would be left with the trunk slammers.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/sks/4439393838.html

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

Thank you

Sparky
Founder of sparkies list

An interesting idea
BUT what are the legal ramifications ?
You know slander / liable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not destined to fail it's a joke. I am busy trying to find the guy that is 1/2 my price. The last 4 jobs I bid I was told another guy was half my price. As soon as I find him I am going to hire him. He can do all the jobs I bid and I will keep 1/2 the money.

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
837 Posts
I say us Apprentices should get a list too, employers who treat their employee's like crap. :laughing:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I never had an issue getting paid.:thumbsup:

1) Estimate close.:)
2) Customer felt like he was treated fairly.:rolleyes:
3) Quality work & material.:thumbup:

Now I feel bad for all those people who can't use my services anymore because I'm retired.:no:

BTW I'm good with smiley faces too.:laughing:

·
Registered
6,189 Posts

Now I feel bad for all those people who can't use my services anymore because I'm retired.:no:

Give it time, happens to everyone eventually.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
An interesting idea
BUT what are the legal ramifications ?
You know slander / liable.
Evidently must not be a problem as the consumers have their lists (like Angie's list)

·
Estwing magic
26,771 Posts
When you begin contracting, you start as a bottom feeder. That means you deal with and compete against other bottom feeders. As you gain experience and learn your lessons, you elevate yourself above the bottom feeders. If that's not happening than you seriously need to change things up.

I have said it before but find a copy of Winning Through Intimidation by Robert Ringer. It's dated ( from the 70's) but the principles are still valid. It's about the lessons a guy learned selling commercial real estate.

You're dealing with reality here. Everybody wants a piece of your a$$ and it's up to you to decide how big a piece of your a$$ is to be used as a bargaining chip. Often it's a matter of posture. If you come across as a bottom feeder you ARE a bottom feeder. Sparkles List won't change that.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,826 Posts

Welcome to ET, the internet place where you can get away with posting phony boasts like that and almost nobody calls you on it....

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
When you begin contracting, you start as a bottom feeder. That means you deal with and compete against other bottom feeders. As you gain experience and learn your lessons, you elevate yourself above the bottom feeders. If that's not happening than you seriously need to change things up.

I have said it before but find a copy of Winning Through Intimidation by Robert Ringer. It's dated ( from the 70's) but the principles are still valid. It's about the lessons a guy learned selling commercial real estate.

You're dealing with reality here. Everybody wants a piece of your a$$ and it's up to you to decide how big a piece of your a$$ is to be used as a bargaining chip. Often it's a matter of posture. If you come across as a bottom feeder you ARE a bottom feeder. Sparkles List won't change that.

But any bottom feeder can become president here 99.....:jester:~CS~

1 - 20 of 22 Posts