Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been using Quickbooks on my Mac for a few years. I think it's going to release smoke soon. Looking for a new invoice program. Want to move everything to my Ipad. I downloaded Invoice2go, although I like it, I don't like the Invoice. You can only have 11 items per page/this makes for a small book when doing T&m jobs. My accountant does my books through my bank account statements. I just need a good invoice program, not all the report info. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Check out freshbooks. It is cloud based so it will work perfectly with your tablet. It is subscription based so keep that in mind. I am at the end of my free 30 day trial and like it. Some on here have been using it for a while and will have more to add. It is mostly for invoicing and tracking limited items. I would hang on to qb for your actual business accounting.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
btharmy said:
Check out freshbooks. It is cloud based so it will work perfectly with your tablet. It is subscription based so keep that in mind. I am at the end of my free 30 day trial and like it. Some on here have been using it for a while and will have more to add. It is mostly for invoicing and tracking limited items. I would hang on to qb for your actual business accounting.
Thanks for the reply...did you check out invoice2go?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Frunk, I have been playing with quickbooks online and its a bit complicated. I have been using quickbooks 2011 on mac just like the OP. Was fresh books easy to setup or did your book keeper set it up for you. Everytime I use quickbooks online I get frustrated at setting it up and entering transactions.

I use Freshbooks and love it.

It does my estimating and invoicing and all my business bookkeeping. Manages my sales tax and can do business reports at any time. It's powerful and $20/mo is peanuts.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Freshbooks is real easy.. like SUPER easy. I don't have a book keeper because Freshbooks will do it all and easily.

Try it out, the full version is free for 30 days. You can continue to use it free forever, but I think it limits you to 1 client or something useless.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies, I'll check out Freshbooks. The main reason I do not like Invoice2go is the invoice layout itself. If you go just over 1 page, the second page layout is awful. The second page layout is also un customizable. It will just show about due, no invoice# or logo! just amount due. I leave the reports to my accountant, I mainly need invoice and tracking at this point. Quickbooks online seemed a bit pricey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.