Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the feedback on the 'Apps' coming out for iPhones? Specifically, has anyone tried any of the Conduit Bending applications and if so, what did you think of them? Which ones are 'junk' which ones are 'great'?

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
34,807 Posts
Mostly they cost .99 cents. What the hell. Have we shrunk to such lows that we question the validity of software priced under a dollar? Has anybody tried the Sam Choy's roast coffee at the 7-11 on Nuuanu Ave? I want to make sure its really worth it before I drop a buck forty nine on a small tomorrow. Ya never know......

P.S. I feel bad for the gazillion software engineers who are not making a mint off the volume sales like Apple is doing controlling it all...................

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
Mostly they cost .99 cents. What the hell. Have we shrunk to such lows that we question the validity of software priced under a dollar? Has anybody tried the Sam Choy's roast coffee at the 7-11 on Nuuanu Ave? I want to make sure its really worth it before I drop a buck forty nine on a small tomorrow. Ya never know......

P.S. I feel bad for the gazillion software engineers who are not making a mint off the volume sales like Apple is doing controlling it all...................
There's a difference between an app that does what it's supposed to do, and an app that does what it's supposed to do with a chit-load of ads clogging up your screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts

If you can sell a few million of your apps for 99 cents you might be doing OK as a software engineer but I can imagine that these electrical apps get that many buys even if they are the best one out there...

I haven't downloaded any of these apps but I wonder if they are laced with ads to make up for the lack of potential purchases?

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
...........I haven't downloaded any of these apps but I wonder if they are laced with ads to make up for the lack of potential purchases?
Some offer a 'premium' version for a price, so the ads go away. If you can't tell when you download it, just look for the premium version or delete it if the ads bother you. I abhor ads, so either I pony up or don't use the app.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.