Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
Mostly they cost .99 cents. What the hell. Have we shrunk to such lows that we question the validity of software priced under a dollar? Has anybody tried the Sam Choy's roast coffee at the 7-11 on Nuuanu Ave? I want to make sure its really worth it before I drop a buck forty nine on a small tomorrow. Ya never know......

P.S. I feel bad for the gazillion software engineers who are not making a mint off the volume sales like Apple is doing controlling it all...................
There's a difference between an app that does what it's supposed to do, and an app that does what it's supposed to do with a chit-load of ads clogging up your screen.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
...........I haven't downloaded any of these apps but I wonder if they are laced with ads to make up for the lack of potential purchases?
Some offer a 'premium' version for a price, so the ads go away. If you can't tell when you download it, just look for the premium version or delete it if the ads bother you. I abhor ads, so either I pony up or don't use the app.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.