Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive worked for this company for 2 years now and every time he comes to site he avoids all eye contact with me and ignores me at all costs. Im only an apprentice so I report to my journeyman and rarely talk to the boss. But, I just find it dis respectful that he doesn't even acknowledge a long time employee who never calls in sick or misses any days.

·
Hackenschmidt
10,465 Posts
Don't you have enough problems that you definitely know are problems? Why go looking for trouble?

Why does it matter? Are your paychecks signed?
That's a good way to determine your boss doesn't have a problem with you.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I worked for a supervisor that was know for leaving notes and avoiding being social. I just found the guy odd. The basic rule was for us to make him look good by running a tight ship and he would only get involved if we couldn't play nicely together.
It was a running joke that the 3rd shift guy had not seen or spoke to him in person for over 3 years. We then got a micro manager and after 17 years i went and found a new job.

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,189 Posts
I know where you are coming from. I had a plant manager that I would say good morning to and he would just walk by. Turned out he had a bad back and was in pain all the time and was just focusing on walking.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
have you been showering daily ?

Reactions: kjz

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
6,677 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call 2 yrs a 'long time employee' .

Does he say Hi to all the other apprentices ? If so, it's you, if not, don't worry about it.

Come to think of it, you should be busy working, not looking at the boss !

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
6,677 Posts
To the OP: you need insensitivity training.
If that's like the sensitivity training I took (a few times !) ... It doesn't work:vs_laugh:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts