Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im a journeyman from Vancouver BC and i was wondering what the demand for electricians is in America. I would like the expierience of working in another country. If its was good enough pay, I may even concidering moving there perminantly.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
No metric electric here :no:;)

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
Hey im a journeyman from Vancouver BC and i was wondering what the demand for electricians is in America. I would like the expierience of working in another country. If its was good enough pay, I may even concidering moving there perminantly.
Its a big place and each states requirements to do electrical work vary.

In my area I imagine they would accept your work hours (8000 Hrs required) but you might still have to do 600 hours of class room time and then take the test.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
The state of North Dakota needs guys bigtime,Good luck and welcome to ET

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I would think it would be impossible to work under a TN visa being an electrician. How are you considering applying for work status?

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
there's lots of work here for canadian electricians. bartenders, waitresses, trashmen. lots of work. Or if you want to go for the big money you could become a hooker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts