Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It's not the Hammer drill (and obviously it's not the Fuel lineup). Home Depot has the same price, withOUT the extra battery (or their sign just wasn't up yet).

So it's a good deal in comparison, but it is the outdated model lineup and not a hammer drill.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This would just be a garage set. I would never use them at work so I think I could live without the fuel batteries and hammer function. What's this m18 "slimpack" battery? Is that the same as the other two?

·
Registered
40 Posts
No hammerdrill is a bummer though. I got fooled at home depot with the new dewalt brushless combo. Had to return it.

Found the dewalt hammerdrill/impact brushless combo on amazon with no tax, at same price! Loving it, batteries last forever its unreal.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
No hammerdrill is a bummer though. I got fooled at home depot with the new dewalt brushless combo. Had to return it.

Found the dewalt hammerdrill/impact brushless combo on amazon with no tax, at same price! Loving it, batteries last forever its unreal.
yeah they will definitely try to fool you if uou dont look closely. i had a guy try to tell me i got ripped off paying 399 for the fuel hammerdrill& impact set because he got the same drill and impact, plus sawzall, and flashlight for the same price.. we put them side by side and the difference was clear

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Not too bad of a deal, I have the same set minus the slim battery....battery life seems to be good, the the charger works fast and the battery charge indicators are great.

The little impact driver is good for up to medium duty use, doesn't seem strong enough for the heavier stuff.

The drill is ok, but the chucks on that model are known to be sloppy...mine is better than most but still does not run perfectly true.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
stuiec said:
It will be more than enough for at home. Be honest.....how much work do you do at home?
Exactly. I might hang a shelf every once in a while or do small things for family members but bottom line is if I'm not at work, I'm not working. As far as the hammer drill function...when I need a hammer drill I use a hammer drill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.